Maoists slit throat of a contractor in Malkangiri
Malkangiri: Armed Maoists killed a contractor by slitting his throat in Odisha`s Malkangiri district Friday, apparently protesting the work undertaken by him in the backward region.
The body of contractor Subala Sil (50) was found in a pool of blood on the canal embankment near Supalu road under Kalimela police station, Inspector-in-Charge IIC) of Kalimela police station Aniruddha Routray said.
Sil, who was undertaking repair work of canal embankments and village roads, belonged to nearby MV 55 village and is the sole bread earner of his family comprising two daughters, three sons and wife.
The Maoists had earlier warned him by putting up posters on the canal embankment asking him not to undertake repair works without their permission.
Sil had been to the area this morning to supervise the work when the ultras caught him and fatally slit his throat.
"We have received the information that one person has been killed near Supalu road. Police force have rushed to the spot", Routray said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued