Maoists slit throat of a contractor in Malkangiri
Malkangiri: Armed Maoists killed a contractor by slitting his throat in Odisha`s Malkangiri district Friday, apparently protesting the work undertaken by him in the backward region.
The body of contractor Subala Sil (50) was found in a pool of blood on the canal embankment near Supalu road under Kalimela police station, Inspector-in-Charge IIC) of Kalimela police station Aniruddha Routray said.
Sil, who was undertaking repair work of canal embankments and village roads, belonged to nearby MV 55 village and is the sole bread earner of his family comprising two daughters, three sons and wife.
The Maoists had earlier warned him by putting up posters on the canal embankment asking him not to undertake repair works without their permission.
Sil had been to the area this morning to supervise the work when the ultras caught him and fatally slit his throat.
"We have received the information that one person has been killed near Supalu road. Police force have rushed to the spot", Routray said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past