Maoists slit throat of a contractor in Malkangiri
Malkangiri: Armed Maoists killed a contractor by slitting his throat in Odisha`s Malkangiri district Friday, apparently protesting the work undertaken by him in the backward region.
The body of contractor Subala Sil (50) was found in a pool of blood on the canal embankment near Supalu road under Kalimela police station, Inspector-in-Charge IIC) of Kalimela police station Aniruddha Routray said.
Sil, who was undertaking repair work of canal embankments and village roads, belonged to nearby MV 55 village and is the sole bread earner of his family comprising two daughters, three sons and wife.
The Maoists had earlier warned him by putting up posters on the canal embankment asking him not to undertake repair works without their permission.
Sil had been to the area this morning to supervise the work when the ultras caught him and fatally slit his throat.
"We have received the information that one person has been killed near Supalu road. Police force have rushed to the spot", Routray said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy