Maoists threaten Dantewada repeat in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: Orissa Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik`s office on Wednesday received a fresh threat e-mail from suspected Maoists who warned a repeat of Dantewada-type massacre in the state, police said.
The e-mail sent from pgla.ocac.in landed at the chief minister`s official e-mail account this afternoon, they said.
This is the second threat e-mail received by Patnaik`s office within a fortnight. The earlier e-mail was received on March 27.
Asking the Orissa government to stop anti-Maoists operation in Koraput and Malkangiri, the e-mail claimed that they had been successful in eliminating 11 security personnel by triggering a land mine blast at Baipariguda on Sunday.
The e-mail sender also threatened to paralyse Orissa government`s official website.
The recent e-mail came at a time when the Orissa police was yet to identify its sender of the earlier e-mail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj