Maoists threaten Dantewada repeat in Orissa
  • This Section
  • Latest
  • Web Wrap
Last Updated: Thursday, April 08, 2010, 17:56
  
Bhubaneswar: Orissa Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik's office on Wednesday received a fresh threat e-mail from suspected Maoists who warned a repeat of Dantewada-type massacre in the state, police said.

The e-mail sent from pgla.ocac.in landed at the chief minister's official e-mail account this afternoon, they said.

This is the second threat e-mail received by Patnaik's office within a fortnight. The earlier e-mail was received on March 27.

Asking the Orissa government to stop anti-Maoists operation in Koraput and Malkangiri, the e-mail claimed that they had been successful in eliminating 11 security personnel by triggering a land mine blast at Baipariguda on Sunday.

The e-mail sender also threatened to paralyse Orissa government's official website.

The recent e-mail came at a time when the Orissa police was yet to identify its sender of the earlier e-mail.

PTI


First Published: Thursday, April 08, 2010, 17:56


comments powered by Disqus