Maoists torch three vehicles in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Maoists on Saturday set ablaze two tractors and an excavator at a road construction site in Odisha`s Rayagada district, police said.
The rebels torched the vehicles near Sunabali village, about 475 km from state capital Bhubaneswar, sub-divisional police officer Suresh Jena told a news agency.
The vehicles were being used for road construction.
Maoists are active in more than half of Odisha`s 30 districts and Rayagada is considered one of their strongholds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack