Maoists torch three vehicles in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Maoists on Saturday set ablaze two tractors and an excavator at a road construction site in Odisha`s Rayagada district, police said.
The rebels torched the vehicles near Sunabali village, about 475 km from state capital Bhubaneswar, sub-divisional police officer Suresh Jena told a news agency.
The vehicles were being used for road construction.
Maoists are active in more than half of Odisha`s 30 districts and Rayagada is considered one of their strongholds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- My mom gets worried about controversies: Sonakshi Sinha
- India will slip in ICC T20 ranking if it loses 0-2 in T20Is against West Indies
- Sensex drops 224 points; Nifty dips below 8,600-mark
- Have every right to intervene if no Syrian Kurd withdrawal: Turkey
- Not given chance to explore my acting abilities: Shamita Shetty