Maoists torch three vehicles in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Maoists on Saturday set ablaze two tractors and an excavator at a road construction site in Odisha`s Rayagada district, police said.
The rebels torched the vehicles near Sunabali village, about 475 km from state capital Bhubaneswar, sub-divisional police officer Suresh Jena told a news agency.
The vehicles were being used for road construction.
Maoists are active in more than half of Odisha`s 30 districts and Rayagada is considered one of their strongholds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city