Maoists torch three vehicles in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Maoists on Saturday set ablaze two tractors and an excavator at a road construction site in Odisha`s Rayagada district, police said.
The rebels torched the vehicles near Sunabali village, about 475 km from state capital Bhubaneswar, sub-divisional police officer Suresh Jena told a news agency.
The vehicles were being used for road construction.
Maoists are active in more than half of Odisha`s 30 districts and Rayagada is considered one of their strongholds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Swachh Bharat, Skill India 'transformative' schemes: President Pranab Mukherjee
- Restless Leg Syndrome: Treat the disorder with this amazingly simple trick! - Watch video
- Boris Johnson claims India owes UK multi-million pounds
- Trump's NATO comments show 'lack of preparedness': Obama
- Govt should resist urge of control everything: Arun Jaitley