Marandi elected Dy Speaker of Orissa Assembly
Bhubaneswar: Tribal leader Sananda
Marandi was on Wednesday unanimously elected Deputy Speaker of Orissa
He became the 18th deputy speaker of the house.
Marandi, representating Baripada reserved constituency
from Mayurbhanj district, was the lone candidate for the post
which had remained vacant since May, 2011 after L B Himirika
joined the ministry in charge of ST, SC and OBC development
The tribal BJD leader had filed his papers for the
deputy speaker`s post yesterday.
"I am grateful to the party leader who selected me for
the post. I will try to maintain dignity of the deputy-
speaker`s chair," Marandi told the assembly after assuming
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India