Marandi elected Dy Speaker of Orissa Assembly
Bhubaneswar: Tribal leader Sananda
Marandi was on Wednesday unanimously elected Deputy Speaker of Orissa
He became the 18th deputy speaker of the house.
Marandi, representating Baripada reserved constituency
from Mayurbhanj district, was the lone candidate for the post
which had remained vacant since May, 2011 after L B Himirika
joined the ministry in charge of ST, SC and OBC development
The tribal BJD leader had filed his papers for the
deputy speaker`s post yesterday.
"I am grateful to the party leader who selected me for
the post. I will try to maintain dignity of the deputy-
speaker`s chair," Marandi told the assembly after assuming
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'