Marandi files paper for Dy-Speaker post
Bhubaneswar: Ruling BJD MLA from Baripada
in Mayurbhanj district, Sananda Marandi on Tuesday filed nomination
paper for the post of deputy speaker of Orissa Assembly.
Accompanied by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, Marandi
submitted his papers to the office of the secretary of the
While Parliamentary Affairs Minister Raghunath
Mohanty was a proposer for Marandi, BJD`s chief whip R N Pani
supported the candidature of Marandi elected from Baripada in
Mayurbhanj district, assembly sources said.
The post of deputy speaker has been lying vacant
after Lal Bihari Himirika resigned from the post and joined
the council of minister as a cabinet minister in charge of
ST-SC and OBC development department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India