Married woman gangraped in Odisha
Jajpur: Amid a statewide uproar
over alleged rape of a dalit girl in Pipili in Puri district,
a married woman was gangraped allegedly by three men at
Chandikhole in Jajpur district, police said On Monday.
The 35-year-old woman from Jagatsinghpur district had
gone to Cuttack for court work yesterday. She came to
Chandikhole as per the advice of a relative who had promised
her money there.
When her relative did not turn up for a long time, she
approached a truck driver to take her Balichandrapur. The
driver agreed and drove away to Aruha and raped her before
dropping her off near Chhatia bazaar on National Highway (NH)
no-5 late last night.
The agony of the woman did not end there as two other
motorcycle borne middle aged men took her on their bike on the
pretext of taking her to Cuttack. They also allegedly
gangraped and threw her at Nelia on the NH-5 where night
patrolling police party spotted her.
She was admitted to a local hospital. She told the
doctors about the rape, but could not identify the culprits as
she was new to the place.
"We have recorded the statement of the victim and a
case has been registered at the Barachana police station. We
have arrested one of the accused and are searching for two
others," said Deepak Kumar, Jajpur Superintendent of Police.
He said medical examination of the victim and the
accused was conducted. The accused was forwarded to court
today and later remanded to judicial custody after his bail
application was rejected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'