Massive combing operation in Koraput district
Koraput: Security personnel have launched a massive combing operation at Narayanpatna area of Odisha`s Koraput district following intelligence inputs about the presence of top Maoist leaders from Andhra Pradesh and Chhattisgarh in the region.
Around 300 security men from forces like BSF and SOG are on the job since Wednesday.
"A massive operation was launched. Security personnel are being airdropped at specific locations for joint combing," a senior police officer said.
Maoist leaders Ram Krishna, Sukdev, Daya and Aruna are believed to be camping along the Odisha-Andhra Pradesh border to consolidate the organisation that has suffered a setback with the Maoist-backed Chasi Muliya Adivasi Sangh (CMAS) waning and police raiding several hideouts in past few months, he said.
"The extremists have always used CMAS as a shield to carry out their offensives.
But in recent times, tribals have realised that they got nothing in the fight between police and Maoists", a source at Narayanpatna said.
Police said villagers are voluntarily coming up with vital information against the Maoists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das