Member of 11 families return to Hindu fold in Orissa
Rourkela: As many as 58 people of 11
families of San Nuagam village in Sundargarh district have returned to their Hindu fold in a home coming ceremony organised by Viswa Hindu Parishad (VHP).
The families had embraced Christianity four years back
and are now back in their original Hindu fold, VHP sources
A "Dharma Rakshya Yagna" was performed yesterday where
new clothes and lockets of Hindu Gods and Goddesses were
distributed among the family members who returned back to
their original Hindu religion.
The VHP Dharma Pracharak Chief Makardhwaj Mohanta and
other BJP and VHP leaders attended the home coming ceremony.
The VHP sources claimed that more then 1400 persons
have so far returned back to Hindu fold in western Orissa
during past a year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranbir, Anushka all set to shoot romantic rain sequence
- 7th Pay Commission: CBSE chief R K Chaturvedi gets additional charge of implementation cell
- PM Modi lays foundations stone of AIIMS Gorakhpur, reopens sick fertiliser plant
- Get 75% concession on AC train tickets; know more about such concessions
- The India of our dreams: This poet's take will leave you inspired - Watch