Mercury falls to minus one degree in Kandhamal
Phulbani (Orissa): While the severe cold wave sweeping Kandhmal district in Orissa affected normal life, Belghar in the district recorded minus one degree Celsius on Friday, official sources said.
The temperature, lowest of the season, was recorded
today at 5.30 AM at Belghar while the temperature was one
degree Celsius at Daringbadi in the district, meteorological
observatory sources said.
Thin layer of ice was clearly visible in these two
places since last two days, the sources said.
The district headquarter town Phulbani recorded 3.2
degree Celsius yesterday and 5.2 degree Celsius today, they
Last year Daringbadi had witnessed scattered snow fall
and the temperature was recorded 0.7 degree Celsius which was
the lowest in the entire district.
Meanwhile, a thin layer of ice was found in many
interior pockets of Balliguda sub-division and carcass of
birds were spotted in forest areas and fish found dead in
different water bodies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof