Mercury falls to minus one degree in Kandhamal
Phulbani (Orissa): While the severe cold wave sweeping Kandhmal district in Orissa affected normal life, Belghar in the district recorded minus one degree Celsius on Friday, official sources said.
The temperature, lowest of the season, was recorded
today at 5.30 AM at Belghar while the temperature was one
degree Celsius at Daringbadi in the district, meteorological
observatory sources said.
Thin layer of ice was clearly visible in these two
places since last two days, the sources said.
The district headquarter town Phulbani recorded 3.2
degree Celsius yesterday and 5.2 degree Celsius today, they
Last year Daringbadi had witnessed scattered snow fall
and the temperature was recorded 0.7 degree Celsius which was
the lowest in the entire district.
Meanwhile, a thin layer of ice was found in many
interior pockets of Balliguda sub-division and carcass of
birds were spotted in forest areas and fish found dead in
different water bodies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown