Mercury falls to minus one degree in Kandhamal
Phulbani (Orissa): While the severe cold wave sweeping Kandhmal district in Orissa affected normal life, Belghar in the district recorded minus one degree Celsius on Friday, official sources said.
The temperature, lowest of the season, was recorded
today at 5.30 AM at Belghar while the temperature was one
degree Celsius at Daringbadi in the district, meteorological
observatory sources said.
Thin layer of ice was clearly visible in these two
places since last two days, the sources said.
The district headquarter town Phulbani recorded 3.2
degree Celsius yesterday and 5.2 degree Celsius today, they
Last year Daringbadi had witnessed scattered snow fall
and the temperature was recorded 0.7 degree Celsius which was
the lowest in the entire district.
Meanwhile, a thin layer of ice was found in many
interior pockets of Balliguda sub-division and carcass of
birds were spotted in forest areas and fish found dead in
different water bodies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list