Mercury falls to minus one degree in Kandhamal
Phulbani (Orissa): While the severe cold wave sweeping Kandhmal district in Orissa affected normal life, Belghar in the district recorded minus one degree Celsius on Friday, official sources said.
The temperature, lowest of the season, was recorded
today at 5.30 AM at Belghar while the temperature was one
degree Celsius at Daringbadi in the district, meteorological
observatory sources said.
Thin layer of ice was clearly visible in these two
places since last two days, the sources said.
The district headquarter town Phulbani recorded 3.2
degree Celsius yesterday and 5.2 degree Celsius today, they
Last year Daringbadi had witnessed scattered snow fall
and the temperature was recorded 0.7 degree Celsius which was
the lowest in the entire district.
Meanwhile, a thin layer of ice was found in many
interior pockets of Balliguda sub-division and carcass of
birds were spotted in forest areas and fish found dead in
different water bodies.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed