Met office predicts heavy rain in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Heavy to very heavy rainfall is likely to lash several places in Odisha in next two days as the low pressure area over Bay of Bengal today concentrated into a depression.
The low pressure area over north Bay of Bengal and adjoining Bangladesh and coastal areas of Gangetic West Bengal concentrated into a depression and lay centered over northwest Bay of Bengal, about 180 kms east southeast of Balasore, the meteorological centre here said.
The system would move in the west-northwest direction and cross Odisha coast between Chandbali and Digha by Tuesday night, it said.
Under its impact, rain and thundershower would occur in most places in Odisha, while heavy to very heavy rainfall would occur at a few places with extremely heavy fall at one or two places in the state during next 48 hours.
Strong and gusty surface wind with speeds reaching from 45 to 55 kmph and even up to 65 kmph may prevail along and off Odisha coast.
As sea conditions will be rough to very rough, fishermen have been advised not to venture into the sea.
The met office advised hoisting of local cautionary signal Number III (LC-III) at all ports in Odisha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das