Mining: Orissa welcomes Justice Shah Commission
Bhubaneswar: Welcoming Justice MB Shah
Commission of Inquiry probing the alleged illegal mining
activities in different states, Orissa government on Saturday said
it would fully cooperate with members for a fair and smooth
"We are cooperating with the commission and continue
to do so in the future", steel and mines minister Raghunath
Mohanty told reporters a day after one of the members of the
commission said at Panaji that inquiry would begin in Orissa
from next month.
UV Singh, a member of the Commission, had told
reporters at Panaji that preparatory work was being done for
beginning inquiry into the mining scam in Orissa.
Singh, an Indian Forest Service officer, has also said
that the same team which is probing Goa mining will move to
Orissa. Some local officers will join them there, he said.
Stating that the state government had already answered
queries of the commission thrice before, the minister said a
final set of replies would be sent to Justice Shah soon.
Inquiry by Justice M B Shah Commission into the
illegal mining activities in significant as this would be
first "independent" body to probe the matter. Earlier,
the state vigilance department was assigned investigation into
the multi-crore mining scam in the state.
The state government had several times rejected demand
of conducting a CBI probe into the alleged scam by claiming
that the state vigilance was efficient enough to undertake
such an investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre