Mining: Orissa welcomes Justice Shah Commission
Bhubaneswar: Welcoming Justice MB Shah
Commission of Inquiry probing the alleged illegal mining
activities in different states, Orissa government on Saturday said
it would fully cooperate with members for a fair and smooth
"We are cooperating with the commission and continue
to do so in the future", steel and mines minister Raghunath
Mohanty told reporters a day after one of the members of the
commission said at Panaji that inquiry would begin in Orissa
from next month.
UV Singh, a member of the Commission, had told
reporters at Panaji that preparatory work was being done for
beginning inquiry into the mining scam in Orissa.
Singh, an Indian Forest Service officer, has also said
that the same team which is probing Goa mining will move to
Orissa. Some local officers will join them there, he said.
Stating that the state government had already answered
queries of the commission thrice before, the minister said a
final set of replies would be sent to Justice Shah soon.
Inquiry by Justice M B Shah Commission into the
illegal mining activities in significant as this would be
first "independent" body to probe the matter. Earlier,
the state vigilance department was assigned investigation into
the multi-crore mining scam in the state.
The state government had several times rejected demand
of conducting a CBI probe into the alleged scam by claiming
that the state vigilance was efficient enough to undertake
such an investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’