Mining scam one of the reasons for CPI not having tie up with BJD: Bardhan
Bhubaneswar: CPI on Thursday said the mining scam, into which it has been demanding a CBI probe, was among the other factors which prompted the left party not to enter into seat adjustment with ruling BJD in Odisha.
"There are many reasons, including the mining scam, for which the state unit is against having any seat adjustment with BJD in Odisha," senior CPI leader A B Bardhan told reporters here.
Apart from the mining scam, which requires a high level inquiry, there are issues like Posco project and Vedanta on which CPI is opposed to the stand taken by the ruling BJD in the state, Bardhan said.
Under these circumstances, the question of alliance with BJD does not arise this time though CPI had seat adjustments with the regional party in 2009 polls, he said.
Admitting that CPI at one point tried for tie-up with Naveen Patnaik-led BJD, Bardhan said "I confess that we tried to toy with the idea of having seat adjustment with BJD .. But finally we decided that the days of adjustment with the regional party are over."
On BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s scheduled visit to Sambalpur tomorrow, the CPI veteran said "I see absolutely no Modi presence in Odisha. He may visit the state many times but it will have no political impact. I am sure BJP will be a fiasco in Odisha."
CPI`s Odisha unit Secretary Dibakar Nayak said the left party stuck to their stand on issues like mining scam, Posco and Vedanta without making any compromise for the sake of having seat adjustment with BJD.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read