Mining scam one of the reasons for CPI not having tie up with BJD: Bardhan
Bhubaneswar: CPI on Thursday said the mining scam, into which it has been demanding a CBI probe, was among the other factors which prompted the left party not to enter into seat adjustment with ruling BJD in Odisha.
"There are many reasons, including the mining scam, for which the state unit is against having any seat adjustment with BJD in Odisha," senior CPI leader A B Bardhan told reporters here.
Apart from the mining scam, which requires a high level inquiry, there are issues like Posco project and Vedanta on which CPI is opposed to the stand taken by the ruling BJD in the state, Bardhan said.
Under these circumstances, the question of alliance with BJD does not arise this time though CPI had seat adjustments with the regional party in 2009 polls, he said.
Admitting that CPI at one point tried for tie-up with Naveen Patnaik-led BJD, Bardhan said "I confess that we tried to toy with the idea of having seat adjustment with BJD .. But finally we decided that the days of adjustment with the regional party are over."
On BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s scheduled visit to Sambalpur tomorrow, the CPI veteran said "I see absolutely no Modi presence in Odisha. He may visit the state many times but it will have no political impact. I am sure BJP will be a fiasco in Odisha."
CPI`s Odisha unit Secretary Dibakar Nayak said the left party stuck to their stand on issues like mining scam, Posco and Vedanta without making any compromise for the sake of having seat adjustment with BJD.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit