Mining scam: Shah panel to visit Odisha on Oct 31
Bhubaneswar: A team of the Justice MB Shah Commission of enquiry will visit Odisha again on October 31 to further investigate the alleged mining illegalities in the state, official sources said on Sunday.
The state government has been informed that the team of the Commission led by senior bureaucrat UV Singh will arrive here on October 31 and stay in the state to conduct the investigation until November 11, a senior state steel and mines department official told a news agency.
Earlier, the commission team had visited state on October 03 and examined files related to half of the state`s over 142 mines during a nine-day stay in the capital city of Bhubaneswar.
The Justice MB Shah Commission appointed by the central government in November 2010, has been investigating allegations of illegal mining in several mineral rich states.
An eight-member commission team had visited several mining areas of the state in December last year too.
The commission, at that time, had said it found evidence of illegalities in the state which would not have been possible without the connivance of bureaucrats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch