Minor gang-raped in child development project office
Bhubaneswar: A 15-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by two men inside a government office in Odisha`s Bhadrak district, police said on Monday. Both attackers were arrested a few hours after the crime.
The heinous act took place in the premises of the child development project office at the block headquarters town of Bhandaripokhari, about 100 km from state capital Bhubaneswar, Sunday afternoon, PK Mohapatra, the inspector who heads the local police station, told a news agency.
According to Mohapatra, a peon in the office and a local man allegedly asked the girl, who was playing nearby with friends, to bring them some water to drink. The girl`s father is a government employee who lives within the premises of the office complex.
When the girl went inside the office to bring water, the two men dragged her to an office room and raped her. As the victim did not return from the room for a long time, one of her friends informed the family. Later, the victim`s father found her inside the office, in a shocked and dazed state.
The two men, aged 32 and 25 years, were arrested on the basis of the complaint lodged by the girl`s father. The men will be presented before a local court on Monday, Mohapatra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport