Minor gang-raped in child development project office
Bhubaneswar: A 15-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by two men inside a government office in Odisha`s Bhadrak district, police said on Monday. Both attackers were arrested a few hours after the crime.
The heinous act took place in the premises of the child development project office at the block headquarters town of Bhandaripokhari, about 100 km from state capital Bhubaneswar, Sunday afternoon, PK Mohapatra, the inspector who heads the local police station, told a news agency.
According to Mohapatra, a peon in the office and a local man allegedly asked the girl, who was playing nearby with friends, to bring them some water to drink. The girl`s father is a government employee who lives within the premises of the office complex.
When the girl went inside the office to bring water, the two men dragged her to an office room and raped her. As the victim did not return from the room for a long time, one of her friends informed the family. Later, the victim`s father found her inside the office, in a shocked and dazed state.
The two men, aged 32 and 25 years, were arrested on the basis of the complaint lodged by the girl`s father. The men will be presented before a local court on Monday, Mohapatra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred