Minor gang-raped, murdered in Kandhamal
Phulbani (Odisha): A 13-year-old girl was murdered after being allegedly gang-raped by some youths in Odisha`s Kandhamal district, police said on Saturday.
The Class VII student of Dadamaha had gone to witness a play at nearby Simanbadi village on Thursday night when the youths sexually assaulted her, sub-divisional police officer (SDPO), Baliguda, Arjun Barik said.
As the girl apparently attempted to raise an alarm, she was strangulated to death with her scarf, Barik said.
The body was found yesterday from the roadside near Masanipada village, the SDPO said, adding the incident, which was first of its kind in the area, had shocked the people.
Post-mortem on the body was performed at Daringibadi public health centre and a case was registered on the basis of an FIR lodged by her father, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray