Minor gang-raped, murdered in Kandhamal
Phulbani (Odisha): A 13-year-old girl was murdered after being allegedly gang-raped by some youths in Odisha`s Kandhamal district, police said on Saturday.
The Class VII student of Dadamaha had gone to witness a play at nearby Simanbadi village on Thursday night when the youths sexually assaulted her, sub-divisional police officer (SDPO), Baliguda, Arjun Barik said.
As the girl apparently attempted to raise an alarm, she was strangulated to death with her scarf, Barik said.
The body was found yesterday from the roadside near Masanipada village, the SDPO said, adding the incident, which was first of its kind in the area, had shocked the people.
Post-mortem on the body was performed at Daringibadi public health centre and a case was registered on the basis of an FIR lodged by her father, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?