Minor gang-raped, murdered in Kandhamal
Phulbani (Odisha): A 13-year-old girl was murdered after being allegedly gang-raped by some youths in Odisha`s Kandhamal district, police said on Saturday.
The Class VII student of Dadamaha had gone to witness a play at nearby Simanbadi village on Thursday night when the youths sexually assaulted her, sub-divisional police officer (SDPO), Baliguda, Arjun Barik said.
As the girl apparently attempted to raise an alarm, she was strangulated to death with her scarf, Barik said.
The body was found yesterday from the roadside near Masanipada village, the SDPO said, adding the incident, which was first of its kind in the area, had shocked the people.
Post-mortem on the body was performed at Daringibadi public health centre and a case was registered on the basis of an FIR lodged by her father, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder