Minor gang-raped, murdered in Kandhamal
Phulbani (Odisha): A 13-year-old girl was murdered after being allegedly gang-raped by some youths in Odisha`s Kandhamal district, police said on Saturday.
The Class VII student of Dadamaha had gone to witness a play at nearby Simanbadi village on Thursday night when the youths sexually assaulted her, sub-divisional police officer (SDPO), Baliguda, Arjun Barik said.
As the girl apparently attempted to raise an alarm, she was strangulated to death with her scarf, Barik said.
The body was found yesterday from the roadside near Masanipada village, the SDPO said, adding the incident, which was first of its kind in the area, had shocked the people.
Post-mortem on the body was performed at Daringibadi public health centre and a case was registered on the basis of an FIR lodged by her father, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what