Minor gangraped, murdered in Kandhamal
Phulbani: A 13-year-old girl was murdered after being allegedly gangraped by some youths in Odisha`s Kandhamal district, police said here on Saturday.
The Class VII student of Dadamaha had gone to witness a play at nearby Simanbadi village on Thursday night when the youths sexually assaulted her, sub-divisional police officer (SDPO), Baliguda, Arjun Barik said.
As the girl apparently attempted to raise an alarm, she was strangulated to death with her scarf, Barik said.
The body was found yesterday from the roadside near Masanipada village, the SDPO said, adding the incident, which was first of its kind in the area, had shocked the people.
Post-mortem on the body was performed at Daringibadi public health centre and a case was registered on the basis of an FIR lodged by her father, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred