Minor girl gang-raped in Malkanagiri
Malkanagiri (Odisha): A 13-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by four persons, including three juveniles, in a village of the district, police said on Tuesday.
The victim, a resident of MPV-29 village here, had been on a visit to nearby MPV-33 village eight days ago to witness a yatra when she was forcibly taken to an isolated area by the four accused and sexually assaulted by them, Sub-divisional Police Officer (SDPO), Malkangiri, K Siva Subraminiam said.
A case was registered against the four youths based on the victim`s complaint, he said adding, three juveniles have been detained after they were identified by the girl.
The class VIII student`s health kept on deteriorating after the incident, which made her parents even refer her to black magicians and quacks for treatment.
On being repeatedly quizzed by her mother, the girl finally narrated the incident, following which a case was registered, Subramaniam said.
The girl was first admitted at a government hospital in Kalimela but later shifted to the district headquarters hospital here after her condition became serious.
Though the girl was unable to speak, she had named three of the four persons in slurred voice, Superintendent of police (Malkangiri) Akhilesh Singh said.
On the basis of her information, police have detained three of the accused who are all juveniles, Singh said adding that they were being interrogated.
"The condition of the girl is being strictly monitored in the hospital and efforts are on to nab the fourth youth involved in the crime," the SDPO said.
A medical test was conducted on the girl but nothing could be established in the available facility. She would be sent to MKCG Medical College Hospital at Berhampur with a special ambulance for further investigation, the SP said.
Meanwhile, it has been reported from Sambalpur that a body of a five-year-old girl was found floating in a pond at Gopalmal under Ainthapali police station here.
Though initially it was suspected to be a case of rape and murder but investigations revealed that the girl was witness to a crime and therefore was killed by the criminals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015