Minor girl raped by boyfriend in Jajpur
Jajpur: A minor girl was allegedly raped by her boyfriend at her house in Odisha`s Jajpur district following which the accused was arrested, police said Tuesday.
The incident took place on last Wednesday, when the accused reached his girlfriend`s house in Kiapada on the pretext of meeting her and forced himself upon her, they said.
The accused has been identified as Jitendra Moharana (22) of Karadapal village under Ramachandrapur police station in the neighbouring Keonjhar district, they said.
Both had come in contact a couple of months ago following a conversation during a wrong call on the cell phone. Thereafter, they entered into a relationship.
The victim has claimed in her FIR that her family members were asleep in their respective rooms when the incident took place, police said.
The matter came to fore when the victim`s mother spotted some marks on the girl`s lips and cheeks next morning and quizzed her following which the girl went to the police station to file an FIR along with her parents, they said.
"The 17-year-old girl has complained of being raped by her boyfriend at her house on Wednesday night. The victim said her boyfriend had come to her house on pretext of meeting her but he raped her," Puspalata Barik, Officer in-charge Korei police station said.
Police arrested Moharana on Sunday after several raids and conducted medical examination of both the accused and the victim, she said.
"We have arrested the accused under sections 376 (rape) and 506 (punishment for criminal intimidation)of the IPC and 4 of Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act of 2012," Barik said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE