Missing teenaged girl found raped in Thrissur
Thrissur: In a gruesome incident, a
16-year-old Orissa girl was raped near here after being
suspectedly pushed out of a train, police said on Wednesday.
Two days after she was reported missing, the girl who was
travelling with her four-year-old sister was found today on
railway tracks near Chembissery with serious head injuries,
Medical examination of the girl, who is in an unconscious
and critical state, revealed she was raped, Dr K Mohanan of
Thrissur medical college and hospital said.
The girl is admitted at the Thrissur hospital.
According to a police complaint lodged by Bharat, who
also hails from Orissa, the two girls travelling in Korba-
Thiruvananthapuram Express on August 22 were missing since
then with Rs 14,000.
The four-year old girl was found alone in the train at
Ernakulam yesterday when railway officials handed her over to
the Child Line, police said.
In February this year, a 23-year-old girl, who was
travelling in a women`s compartment of a passenger train at
night, was pushed out of the train and raped in Kerala. She
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees