Missing teenaged girl found raped in Thrissur
Thrissur: In a gruesome incident, a
16-year-old Orissa girl was raped near here after being
suspectedly pushed out of a train, police said on Wednesday.
Two days after she was reported missing, the girl who was
travelling with her four-year-old sister was found today on
railway tracks near Chembissery with serious head injuries,
Medical examination of the girl, who is in an unconscious
and critical state, revealed she was raped, Dr K Mohanan of
Thrissur medical college and hospital said.
The girl is admitted at the Thrissur hospital.
According to a police complaint lodged by Bharat, who
also hails from Orissa, the two girls travelling in Korba-
Thiruvananthapuram Express on August 22 were missing since
then with Rs 14,000.
The four-year old girl was found alone in the train at
Ernakulam yesterday when railway officials handed her over to
the Child Line, police said.
In February this year, a 23-year-old girl, who was
travelling in a women`s compartment of a passenger train at
night, was pushed out of the train and raped in Kerala. She
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Gujarat court refuses to ban a book mocking PM Modi
- Odisha CM directs administration to be ready to tackle floods
- Austrian GP: Mercedes drier Nico Rosberg targets hat-trick on Sunday
- Govt will push GST bill passage in monsoon session: Naidu
- AAP legislator Dinesh Mohaniya, accused of sexually harassing woman, gets bail