MLA injured in mob violence
Dhenkanal (Odisha): Five persons, including
an MLA, were injured and two vehicles damaged during repolling
in a panchayat election in Dhenkanal district of Odisha on Monday,
The trouble started when the vehicle of NCP MLA Navin Nanda was attacked by a rival group during repolling for zilla
parishad in Nihalprasad area under Gandia block.
Besides Navin Nanda, his son Sandeep Nanda and his
personal security officer Basanta Nayak were injured in the
attack and their jeep was damaged, Superintendent of Police
Satish Gajbhiye said.
The attackers dispersed when Nayak fired in the air,
police said adding Sandeep and Nayak were shifted to SCB
medical college hospital at Cuttack, while the MLA was given
treatment at a local hospital.
Angry over the incident, a group of people damaged the
vehicle of Dhenkanal SDPO, Brahmananda Dandapat near Pingua
squre and injured two constables, the SP said.
The injured constables were sent to SCB Medical COllege
Hospital at Cuttack, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'