MLA injured in mob violence
Dhenkanal (Odisha): Five persons, including
an MLA, were injured and two vehicles damaged during repolling
in a panchayat election in Dhenkanal district of Odisha on Monday,
The trouble started when the vehicle of NCP MLA Navin Nanda was attacked by a rival group during repolling for zilla
parishad in Nihalprasad area under Gandia block.
Besides Navin Nanda, his son Sandeep Nanda and his
personal security officer Basanta Nayak were injured in the
attack and their jeep was damaged, Superintendent of Police
Satish Gajbhiye said.
The attackers dispersed when Nayak fired in the air,
police said adding Sandeep and Nayak were shifted to SCB
medical college hospital at Cuttack, while the MLA was given
treatment at a local hospital.
Angry over the incident, a group of people damaged the
vehicle of Dhenkanal SDPO, Brahmananda Dandapat near Pingua
squre and injured two constables, the SP said.
The injured constables were sent to SCB Medical COllege
Hospital at Cuttack, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video