MLA injured in mob violence
Dhenkanal (Odisha): Five persons, including
an MLA, were injured and two vehicles damaged during repolling
in a panchayat election in Dhenkanal district of Odisha on Monday,
The trouble started when the vehicle of NCP MLA Navin Nanda was attacked by a rival group during repolling for zilla
parishad in Nihalprasad area under Gandia block.
Besides Navin Nanda, his son Sandeep Nanda and his
personal security officer Basanta Nayak were injured in the
attack and their jeep was damaged, Superintendent of Police
Satish Gajbhiye said.
The attackers dispersed when Nayak fired in the air,
police said adding Sandeep and Nayak were shifted to SCB
medical college hospital at Cuttack, while the MLA was given
treatment at a local hospital.
Angry over the incident, a group of people damaged the
vehicle of Dhenkanal SDPO, Brahmananda Dandapat near Pingua
squre and injured two constables, the SP said.
The injured constables were sent to SCB Medical COllege
Hospital at Cuttack, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference