Mob attacks policemen, snatch revolver
Berhampur (Odisha): Police on Monday opened fire when a mob attacked them and snatched away a revolver when they went to arrest two persons at Uladan village in Odisha`s Ganjam district.
The villagers attacked the police team including the inspector-in-charge of Tarsingi Police Station and two assistant sub-inspectors with knives and sticks injuring four of them, Superintendent of Police Ashish Kumar Singh said.
The policemen then opened fire in self defence injuring a villager, he said.
The mob thereafter snatched away a revolver from the policemen and fired at them injuring an ASI, he said.
The revolver was yet to be recovered, sub divisional police officer, Bhanjanagar R Ch Sethi said.
The villager and ASI were admitted to the MKCG Medical College and Hospital and the others at Bhanjanagar, the SP said.
Ten persons were arrested while some others fled.
The police were deployed in the village where order was restored.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug