Mob torch and damage vehicles
Kendrapara: A mob torched two vehicles and damaged several trucks in protest against unlawful transportation of cattle near Silipur traffic junction on the Paradip-Daitary Expressway on Sunday.
Before the violence, the mob intercepted four cattle-laden trucks and blocked road for over four hours saying that police did not take any action as the Marshaghai police station was a stone’s throw away from the spot, police said.
The mob was pacified after the local block officials announced to shutdown the nearby bi-weekly cattle market.
Four trucks, carrying over 100 cattle, were seized, but the traders fled. The rescued cattle were handed over to local panchayati raj institution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal