Mob torch and damage vehicles
Kendrapara: A mob torched two vehicles and damaged several trucks in protest against unlawful transportation of cattle near Silipur traffic junction on the Paradip-Daitary Expressway on Sunday.
Before the violence, the mob intercepted four cattle-laden trucks and blocked road for over four hours saying that police did not take any action as the Marshaghai police station was a stone’s throw away from the spot, police said.
The mob was pacified after the local block officials announced to shutdown the nearby bi-weekly cattle market.
Four trucks, carrying over 100 cattle, were seized, but the traders fled. The rescued cattle were handed over to local panchayati raj institution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3