Mohanty`s son`s judicial custody extended for 2 weeks
Balasore (Odisha): The judicial custody of Raja Shree, son of the arrested former Odisha Law Minister Raghunath Mohanty and booked for allegedly torturing his wife for dowry, was on Saturday extended for another two weeks by a local court.
The order was passed by the Balasore sub-divisional judicial magistrate`s court.
Raja Shree was arrested by the Human Rights Protection Cell (HRPC) on March 17 from near Cuttack following complaints by his wife Barsa Swony Choudhury and sent to jail the next day for two weeks. He was produced at the SDJM court during the day.
His parents, who were arrested by HRPC from Howrah in West Bengal earlier in the day, are also lodged in Balasore jail where he is being kept in judicial custody.
Raja Shree, his parents and two other members of his family are facing charges under various sections of the IPC and Dowry Proibition Act.
Besides being accused in the dowry torure case, Barsa has also alleged in her FIR that Raja Shree had extra-marital relationship. However, no separate case had been made in this connection.
Earlier, three lower courts in Balasore have rejected bail petitions of Raja Shree who was preparing to contest the 2014 assembly election from Jaleswar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what