Mohanty`s son`s judicial custody extended for 2 weeks
Balasore (Odisha): The judicial custody of Raja Shree, son of the arrested former Odisha Law Minister Raghunath Mohanty and booked for allegedly torturing his wife for dowry, was on Saturday extended for another two weeks by a local court.
The order was passed by the Balasore sub-divisional judicial magistrate`s court.
Raja Shree was arrested by the Human Rights Protection Cell (HRPC) on March 17 from near Cuttack following complaints by his wife Barsa Swony Choudhury and sent to jail the next day for two weeks. He was produced at the SDJM court during the day.
His parents, who were arrested by HRPC from Howrah in West Bengal earlier in the day, are also lodged in Balasore jail where he is being kept in judicial custody.
Raja Shree, his parents and two other members of his family are facing charges under various sections of the IPC and Dowry Proibition Act.
Besides being accused in the dowry torure case, Barsa has also alleged in her FIR that Raja Shree had extra-marital relationship. However, no separate case had been made in this connection.
Earlier, three lower courts in Balasore have rejected bail petitions of Raja Shree who was preparing to contest the 2014 assembly election from Jaleswar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- British convert to Islam 'Jihadi Jack' denies joining ISIS
- Rio Olympics: Saina Nehwal seeded 5th, PV Sindhu 9th for the 2016 Games
- Volkswagen gets preliminary approval for US diesel settlement
- Parliament passes bill to allow kids below 14 to be engaged in 'home-based work'
- NASA discovers alien solar system with tighlty packed planets in unsusual orbits