Monsoon covers entire Odisha
Bhubaneswar: The monsoon, which arrived in Odisha on Wednesday, advanced rapidly and covered the entire state on Thursday, an official said.
"The southwest monsoon has advanced into the remaining parts of the state and covered the whole of Odisha today (Thursday)," Bhubaneswar Meteorological Centre director SS Sahu told a news agency.
A good monsoon is crucial for the state which has an agrarian economy and a majority of the work force is engaged in the agricultural sector. Odisha is the country`s seventh largest producer of paddy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state