Monsoon covers whole of Odisha
Bhubaneswar: The southwest monsoon, which arrived in Odisha two days ago, advanced rapidly and covered the entire state Monday, an official said.
"The southwest monsoon has further advanced into the remaining parts of the state, and covered the whole of Odisha today (Monday)" S.S. Sahu, director of the Bhubaneswar Meteorological Centre, said.
The monsoon normally reaches the state by June 10. However, this year it arrived two days ahead of schedule.
Odisha contributes about one-tenth of the country`s total rice production. A good monsoon is crucial for the state, which has about 75 percent of its workforce engaged in agriculture.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened