`More intensified anti-Maoist operations required in Odisha`
Koraput: Though the state police got some success in their operation against the Maoists recently, Director General of Police Sanjeev Marik on Thursday said more intensified anti-Maoist operations were required.
Marik said this after reviewing the present anti-Naxalite operations in Koraput, Rayagada, Malkangiri, Nabarangpur, Kalahandi and Nuapada districts with top CRPF, BSF and Odisha police officials here.
"Though we have achieved much success in our anti-Maoist operations in recent times, it will be more intensified in coming days," Marik told reporters here.
The DGP said though sufficient number of para-military forces was deployed in the six southern districts, but another battalion of security forces would be sought, if needed.
"Simultaneously, police would cooperate with the state government in the implementation of development activities in the Maoist-hit areas," he said.
According to the DGP, out of frustration the Maoists are committing stray violence and it will be checked in the coming days.
The DGP also inaugurated a website of Rayagada police, www.Rayagadapolice.Nic.In.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- Kerala law student rape and murder: Three detained by police
- WATCH: SHOCKING! When Ashish Nehra abused Mahendra Singh Dhoni for dropping Shahid Afridi's catch
- 58 weightlifters caught for doping last year: Sports Minister Sarbananda Sonowal
- PM Modi wants BJP MPs, ministers to highlight govt's schemes like LPG coverage, electrification of villages
- Tibet govt-in-exile in Dharamsala unpopular among Tibetans: China