`More intensified anti-Maoist operations required in Odisha`
Koraput: Though the state police got some success in their operation against the Maoists recently, Director General of Police Sanjeev Marik on Thursday said more intensified anti-Maoist operations were required.
Marik said this after reviewing the present anti-Naxalite operations in Koraput, Rayagada, Malkangiri, Nabarangpur, Kalahandi and Nuapada districts with top CRPF, BSF and Odisha police officials here.
"Though we have achieved much success in our anti-Maoist operations in recent times, it will be more intensified in coming days," Marik told reporters here.
The DGP said though sufficient number of para-military forces was deployed in the six southern districts, but another battalion of security forces would be sought, if needed.
"Simultaneously, police would cooperate with the state government in the implementation of development activities in the Maoist-hit areas," he said.
According to the DGP, out of frustration the Maoists are committing stray violence and it will be checked in the coming days.
The DGP also inaugurated a website of Rayagada police, www.Rayagadapolice.Nic.In.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of PM Modi-led government's promise of good days
- DNA: Analysis of PM Modi-led government's promise of good days- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of PM Modi-led government's promise of good days- Part III
- DNA: Analysis of why every third ATM in India is not working
- DNA: Analysis of why every third ATM in India is not working- Part II
- Sleep apnea gets worse in post-menopausal women
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27 at 9 AM
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon