More rains likely to lash Odisha
Bhubaneswar: More heavy rains accompanied by high speed surface wind are likely to lash some places in Odisha in the next two days due to a low pressure area over coastal areas.
The low pressure area, formed over coastal Odisha and adjoining northwest Bay of Bengal yesterday, now lies over South Chhattisgarh and neighbourhood, the meteorological centre here said on Wednesday.
Under its impact, rain and thundershower would occur at most places over Odisha, which has been experiencing rainfall for the last couple of days.
Heavy rainfall would occur at one or two places over the state during next 48 hours due to the low pressure.
Surface wind speed reaching up to 40 kmph may prevail along and off Odisha coast. Sea condition would be moderate to rough and fishermen are advised to be cautious while venturing into the sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi