More than 100 girls ill after eating stale meal
Jajpur (Odisha): As many as 102 inmates of a government run girls residential school took ill with symptoms of food-poisoning after eating food in the school hostel, officials said on Tuesday.
The students complained of vomiting, stomach pain and nausea a few hours after taking dinner in their school hostel last night and they were taken to a nearby hospital.
Altogether 102 inmates of Kanyashram School at Baliapal under Danagadi block, who had dinner in the hostel, were taken ill and were rushed to the Community Health Centre (CHC) at Danagadi.
?As the children were shifted to hospital immediately, they got proper treatment. All except 18 children were discharged after treatment and the rest will be discharged soon, said Prodosh Kumar Mohapatra, the treating doctor.
Nilamadhab Mohanty, District Welfare Officer (DWO), said out of the 106 inmates, 102 had fallen ill.
Jajpur district Collector Anil Kumar Samal visited the hospital to meet the sick children and assess the situation. “I have ordered an inquiry into the incident and action will be taken against those found responsible for this,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill