More than 100 girls ill after eating stale meal
Jajpur (Odisha): As many as 102 inmates of a government run girls residential school took ill with symptoms of food-poisoning after eating food in the school hostel, officials said on Tuesday.
The students complained of vomiting, stomach pain and nausea a few hours after taking dinner in their school hostel last night and they were taken to a nearby hospital.
Altogether 102 inmates of Kanyashram School at Baliapal under Danagadi block, who had dinner in the hostel, were taken ill and were rushed to the Community Health Centre (CHC) at Danagadi.
?As the children were shifted to hospital immediately, they got proper treatment. All except 18 children were discharged after treatment and the rest will be discharged soon, said Prodosh Kumar Mohapatra, the treating doctor.
Nilamadhab Mohanty, District Welfare Officer (DWO), said out of the 106 inmates, 102 had fallen ill.
Jajpur district Collector Anil Kumar Samal visited the hospital to meet the sick children and assess the situation. “I have ordered an inquiry into the incident and action will be taken against those found responsible for this,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video