Mother allegedly kills seven-month-old daughter
Berhampur: In a shocking incident, a seven-month-old girl was killed allegedly by her mother who threw the baby into a well at Samalai, near Hinjilicut in Ganjam district, police said on Monday.
With the help of fire personnel, police recovered the body from the well and detained the mother Tikini Mohanty yesterday and later arrested her.
Unable to cope with the child`s frequent illness, the mother was suspected to have killed her, the police said.
The wife of a daily labourer, she also has another three-year-old son.
During the course of interrogation, we came to know the mother herself dumped the baby in the well," inspector in charge (Hinjili) AK Barik said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information