Mother allegedly kills seven-month-old daughter
Berhampur: In a shocking incident, a seven-month-old girl was killed allegedly by her mother who threw the baby into a well at Samalai, near Hinjilicut in Ganjam district, police said on Monday.
With the help of fire personnel, police recovered the body from the well and detained the mother Tikini Mohanty yesterday and later arrested her.
Unable to cope with the child`s frequent illness, the mother was suspected to have killed her, the police said.
The wife of a daily labourer, she also has another three-year-old son.
During the course of interrogation, we came to know the mother herself dumped the baby in the well," inspector in charge (Hinjili) AK Barik said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!