Mother allegedly kills seven-month-old daughter
Berhampur: In a shocking incident, a seven-month-old girl was killed allegedly by her mother who threw the baby into a well at Samalai, near Hinjilicut in Ganjam district, police said on Monday.
With the help of fire personnel, police recovered the body from the well and detained the mother Tikini Mohanty yesterday and later arrested her.
Unable to cope with the child`s frequent illness, the mother was suspected to have killed her, the police said.
The wife of a daily labourer, she also has another three-year-old son.
During the course of interrogation, we came to know the mother herself dumped the baby in the well," inspector in charge (Hinjili) AK Barik said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred