Mother allegedly kills seven-month-old daughter
Berhampur: In a shocking incident, a seven-month-old girl was killed allegedly by her mother who threw the baby into a well at Samalai, near Hinjilicut in Ganjam district, police said on Monday.
With the help of fire personnel, police recovered the body from the well and detained the mother Tikini Mohanty yesterday and later arrested her.
Unable to cope with the child`s frequent illness, the mother was suspected to have killed her, the police said.
The wife of a daily labourer, she also has another three-year-old son.
During the course of interrogation, we came to know the mother herself dumped the baby in the well," inspector in charge (Hinjili) AK Barik said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery