Murder accused stoned to death in Odisha
Berhampur (Odisha): An accused, in at least a dozen criminal cases, including murders, was stoned to death at Bhikapada this afternoon.
Kalyan Pradhan (41) of Khajapllai, in the same police station area, had his head smashed with stones while returning to his village on a motorcycle, police said.
We suspect previous enmity was the reason," inspector in charge (Khallikote) Sushant Sethi said.
Police said Pradhan was released on bail before the panchayat elections in February.
He was an accused in at least a dozen crimes, including about six murder cases in his own village.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!