Murder accused stoned to death in Odisha
Berhampur (Odisha): An accused, in at least a dozen criminal cases, including murders, was stoned to death at Bhikapada this afternoon.
Kalyan Pradhan (41) of Khajapllai, in the same police station area, had his head smashed with stones while returning to his village on a motorcycle, police said.
We suspect previous enmity was the reason," inspector in charge (Khallikote) Sushant Sethi said.
Police said Pradhan was released on bail before the panchayat elections in February.
He was an accused in at least a dozen crimes, including about six murder cases in his own village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?