My daughters named after Agatha Christie: Sangma
Bhubaneswar: Opposition Presidential candidate PA Sangma on Sunday said his two daughters, Christie and Agatha, were named after prominent British novelist Agatha Christie, whose book was presented to him by the then Orissa chief minister Biju Patnaik.
"I named my two daughters after Agatha Christie. Biju Patnaik had presented me with a Agatha Christe book when I met him for the first time in 1977," Sangma told a gathering of BJD MLAs and MPs during his campaign trail here.
Sangma said he admired Biju Patnaik who was a friend of young MPs then. "I also admire Naveen. He too has the same courage," Sangma said.
While Sangma`s younger daughter Agatha is the minister of state for Rural Development, his elder daughter Christie is a non-political person. Of his two sons, Conrad Sangma is the leader of Opposition in Meghalaya Assembly.
Naveen Patnaik`s father Biju Patnaik had named Indonesia`s president Megawati Sukarnoputri.
President Sukarno had requested Biju Patnaik to name his daughter who was born after the Patnaik, in his capacity as a fighter pilot, had rescued the Sukarno family in stormy weather and flew them to safety demonstrating extraordinary bravery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly