My daughters named after Agatha Christie: Sangma
Bhubaneswar: Opposition Presidential candidate PA Sangma on Sunday said his two daughters, Christie and Agatha, were named after prominent British novelist Agatha Christie, whose book was presented to him by the then Orissa chief minister Biju Patnaik.
"I named my two daughters after Agatha Christie. Biju Patnaik had presented me with a Agatha Christe book when I met him for the first time in 1977," Sangma told a gathering of BJD MLAs and MPs during his campaign trail here.
Sangma said he admired Biju Patnaik who was a friend of young MPs then. "I also admire Naveen. He too has the same courage," Sangma said.
While Sangma`s younger daughter Agatha is the minister of state for Rural Development, his elder daughter Christie is a non-political person. Of his two sons, Conrad Sangma is the leader of Opposition in Meghalaya Assembly.
Naveen Patnaik`s father Biju Patnaik had named Indonesia`s president Megawati Sukarnoputri.
President Sukarno had requested Biju Patnaik to name his daughter who was born after the Patnaik, in his capacity as a fighter pilot, had rescued the Sukarno family in stormy weather and flew them to safety demonstrating extraordinary bravery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH