Mystery shrouds Azad arrest story, Maoists threaten bandh
Bhubaneswar: Mystery shrouded the arrest
of a woman suspected to be the wife of top Maoist leader Azad
Duna Keshava Rao from a slum area here as the Naxals on Wednesday
claimed that her husband was also nabbed.
While the police confirms arrest of a woman identified
as Pata Majhi alias Sunita Nayak of Kandhamal district, it
refuted claims about the capture of Azad Duna Keshava Rao,
alias Mahesh alias Anannda alias Kanakanna alias Shankar alias
Babl, the number two in Orissa state organising committee of
Azad on May 9 was chargsheeted by the crime branch
(CB) of Orissa Police in the killing of Swami Laxamananda
Saraswati in Kandhamal in 2008.
"As per information available with me, a woman
suspected to be wife of Azad, was arrested in a narcotics
case. It is not true that Azad is also arrested," director
general of police (DGP) Manmohan Praharaj told PTI.
Maoists, on the other hand claimed that Azad was among
three persons arrested by commissionerate of police on Monday.
Demanding forward of Azad to the court by May 14,
Sabyasachi Panda, secretary of Orissa State Organising
Committee of CPI (Maoist), threatened to go for Orissa bandh
The police, following a tip off arrested Pata Majhi
from a slum in Nayapalli area along with 810 gram ganja and
cash of Rs 26,000. She was forwarded to the court yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi