Nancy J Powell meets Naveen Patnaik
Bhubaneswar: US Ambassador in India Nancy J Powell on Tuesday discussed issues of interest in Odisha with Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
"We talked about America`s interest in business, education, agriculture and a variety of topics on Odisha," Powell told reporters after meeting the chief minister.
Without taking any question, Powell said that she enjoyed her visit to the state after a gap of 20 years.
Earlier, Powell inaugurated the American Study Center at Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences in collaboration with Ravenshaw University, Cuttack, the 41st in the country and the first in the state.
Powell gave away certificates to 100 students of the English Access Micro Scholarship Program.
Addressing the students, she said, as English was the most widely spoken language in the world, it was very important for all to learn and speak it.
Along with English language, computer skills and critical thinking were required to exchange views at a global platform.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest