Nancy J Powell meets Naveen Patnaik
Bhubaneswar: US Ambassador in India Nancy J Powell on Tuesday discussed issues of interest in Odisha with Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
"We talked about America`s interest in business, education, agriculture and a variety of topics on Odisha," Powell told reporters after meeting the chief minister.
Without taking any question, Powell said that she enjoyed her visit to the state after a gap of 20 years.
Earlier, Powell inaugurated the American Study Center at Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences in collaboration with Ravenshaw University, Cuttack, the 41st in the country and the first in the state.
Powell gave away certificates to 100 students of the English Access Micro Scholarship Program.
Addressing the students, she said, as English was the most widely spoken language in the world, it was very important for all to learn and speak it.
Along with English language, computer skills and critical thinking were required to exchange views at a global platform.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar