Nancy J Powell meets Naveen Patnaik
Bhubaneswar: US Ambassador in India Nancy J Powell on Tuesday discussed issues of interest in Odisha with Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
"We talked about America`s interest in business, education, agriculture and a variety of topics on Odisha," Powell told reporters after meeting the chief minister.
Without taking any question, Powell said that she enjoyed her visit to the state after a gap of 20 years.
Earlier, Powell inaugurated the American Study Center at Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences in collaboration with Ravenshaw University, Cuttack, the 41st in the country and the first in the state.
Powell gave away certificates to 100 students of the English Access Micro Scholarship Program.
Addressing the students, she said, as English was the most widely spoken language in the world, it was very important for all to learn and speak it.
Along with English language, computer skills and critical thinking were required to exchange views at a global platform.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical