Nancy J Powell meets Naveen Patnaik
Bhubaneswar: US Ambassador in India Nancy J Powell on Tuesday discussed issues of interest in Odisha with Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
"We talked about America`s interest in business, education, agriculture and a variety of topics on Odisha," Powell told reporters after meeting the chief minister.
Without taking any question, Powell said that she enjoyed her visit to the state after a gap of 20 years.
Earlier, Powell inaugurated the American Study Center at Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences in collaboration with Ravenshaw University, Cuttack, the 41st in the country and the first in the state.
Powell gave away certificates to 100 students of the English Access Micro Scholarship Program.
Addressing the students, she said, as English was the most widely spoken language in the world, it was very important for all to learn and speak it.
Along with English language, computer skills and critical thinking were required to exchange views at a global platform.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price