Nancy J Powell meets Naveen Patnaik
Bhubaneswar: US Ambassador in India Nancy J Powell on Tuesday discussed issues of interest in Odisha with Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
"We talked about America`s interest in business, education, agriculture and a variety of topics on Odisha," Powell told reporters after meeting the chief minister.
Without taking any question, Powell said that she enjoyed her visit to the state after a gap of 20 years.
Earlier, Powell inaugurated the American Study Center at Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences in collaboration with Ravenshaw University, Cuttack, the 41st in the country and the first in the state.
Powell gave away certificates to 100 students of the English Access Micro Scholarship Program.
Addressing the students, she said, as English was the most widely spoken language in the world, it was very important for all to learn and speak it.
Along with English language, computer skills and critical thinking were required to exchange views at a global platform.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket