Narendra Modi calls BJD govt `non-performing`
Sambalpur: Terming Odisha`s BJD government as "non-performing", BJP leader Narendra Modi on Friday said the people should not have any expectation from Naveen Patnaik.
"What developmental work did the BJD government undertake in Odisha despite having an overwhelming majority? One should not expect anything from the Chief Minister," Modi said while addressing a massive gathering at the second Vijay Sankalp Samabesh here in the state.
Referring to the speculation of Patnaik becoming the Prime Minister, Modi said, "We do not need such a sample (namuna) in Delhi who sleeps and does not perform."
There had been speculations in the media about Patnaik leading the proposed Third Front if it came to power. However, Patnaik skipped the much-hyped Third Front meeting in New Delhi on February 26 last.
Using Patnaik`s pet word "people`s blessings", Modi began his speech in local Koshali language and paid rich tribute to legendary freedom fighter from the region Vir Surendra Sai and Goddess Samaleswari.
Stating that Sambalpur is known for handicrafts, Modi asked why doesn`t it find a market in India or abroad?
"A sensible government needs to be in place in order to provide a market for the weavers and artisans," he said.
"Does your Chief Minister have time for you people? Does he spend time for you? Then why should I waist my time speaking on him," Modi said referring to Patnaik.
Lauding the performance of neighbouring Chhattishgarh, Modi said the BJP government in that state has changed the fate of the people there. However, the same cannot be replicated in Odisha due to existence of a non-performing BJD government.
Appealing to the people of Odisha to vote for BJP, Modi said, "Vote for lotus in order to make a sleeping government awake."
He said the country as well as Odisha can progress if they vote for the BJP candidates both in the ensuing Lok Sabha and the assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself