Narendra Modi calls BJD govt `non-performing`
Sambalpur: Terming Odisha`s BJD government as "non-performing", BJP leader Narendra Modi on Friday said the people should not have any expectation from Naveen Patnaik.
"What developmental work did the BJD government undertake in Odisha despite having an overwhelming majority? One should not expect anything from the Chief Minister," Modi said while addressing a massive gathering at the second Vijay Sankalp Samabesh here in the state.
Referring to the speculation of Patnaik becoming the Prime Minister, Modi said, "We do not need such a sample (namuna) in Delhi who sleeps and does not perform."
There had been speculations in the media about Patnaik leading the proposed Third Front if it came to power. However, Patnaik skipped the much-hyped Third Front meeting in New Delhi on February 26 last.
Using Patnaik`s pet word "people`s blessings", Modi began his speech in local Koshali language and paid rich tribute to legendary freedom fighter from the region Vir Surendra Sai and Goddess Samaleswari.
Stating that Sambalpur is known for handicrafts, Modi asked why doesn`t it find a market in India or abroad?
"A sensible government needs to be in place in order to provide a market for the weavers and artisans," he said.
"Does your Chief Minister have time for you people? Does he spend time for you? Then why should I waist my time speaking on him," Modi said referring to Patnaik.
Lauding the performance of neighbouring Chhattishgarh, Modi said the BJP government in that state has changed the fate of the people there. However, the same cannot be replicated in Odisha due to existence of a non-performing BJD government.
Appealing to the people of Odisha to vote for BJP, Modi said, "Vote for lotus in order to make a sleeping government awake."
He said the country as well as Odisha can progress if they vote for the BJP candidates both in the ensuing Lok Sabha and the assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter