Naseer Khan surrenders passport in Odisha HC
Cuttack: Bollywood filmmaker-cum-producer
Naseer Khan on Wednesday appeared in person in Orissa High Court and
surrendered his passport as directed earlier in connection
with the Rs 500 crore Balasore chit fund case
Four other directors of Naseer`s Kanpur-based marketing
company also surrendered their passports in the court.
The division bench of Chief Justice V Gopala Gowda and
Justice B N Mohapatra, who were adjudicating over a petition
filed by All India Networks` Welfare Trust, posted the case
for hearing on April 12.
The high court, however, issued bailable warrants against
two other directors of the Kanpur firm, who failed to appear
before the court during the day.
The petitioner`s trust has approached the HC seeking
return of its members` invested amounts, in his company.
The Odisha police also submitted that adequate protection
would be given to Naseer if he felt there was any threat to
The state crime branch police had already frozen the
bank accounts of Naseer`s companies.
Khan was arrested in October 2009, and later released on
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Grenade attack on police post in J&K's Anantnag, security tightened
- World Immunisation Week: Narendra Modi government proactive, Mission Indradhanush good initiative - Praises from Gavi CEO
- Kareena Kapoor Khan, Amrita Arora's boxing session will give you fitness goals! – See pictures
- Sourav Ganguly bats for Salman Khan, says actor will bring in visibility to Rio Olympics as Indian contingent's Goodwill Ambassador
- Economy may expand by 7.8% in 2017-18: UN report