Naseer Khan surrenders passport in Odisha HC
Cuttack: Bollywood filmmaker-cum-producer
Naseer Khan on Wednesday appeared in person in Orissa High Court and
surrendered his passport as directed earlier in connection
with the Rs 500 crore Balasore chit fund case
Four other directors of Naseer`s Kanpur-based marketing
company also surrendered their passports in the court.
The division bench of Chief Justice V Gopala Gowda and
Justice B N Mohapatra, who were adjudicating over a petition
filed by All India Networks` Welfare Trust, posted the case
for hearing on April 12.
The high court, however, issued bailable warrants against
two other directors of the Kanpur firm, who failed to appear
before the court during the day.
The petitioner`s trust has approached the HC seeking
return of its members` invested amounts, in his company.
The Odisha police also submitted that adequate protection
would be given to Naseer if he felt there was any threat to
The state crime branch police had already frozen the
bank accounts of Naseer`s companies.
Khan was arrested in October 2009, and later released on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive