Naseer Khan surrenders passport in Odisha HC
Cuttack: Bollywood filmmaker-cum-producer
Naseer Khan on Wednesday appeared in person in Orissa High Court and
surrendered his passport as directed earlier in connection
with the Rs 500 crore Balasore chit fund case
Four other directors of Naseer`s Kanpur-based marketing
company also surrendered their passports in the court.
The division bench of Chief Justice V Gopala Gowda and
Justice B N Mohapatra, who were adjudicating over a petition
filed by All India Networks` Welfare Trust, posted the case
for hearing on April 12.
The high court, however, issued bailable warrants against
two other directors of the Kanpur firm, who failed to appear
before the court during the day.
The petitioner`s trust has approached the HC seeking
return of its members` invested amounts, in his company.
The Odisha police also submitted that adequate protection
would be given to Naseer if he felt there was any threat to
The state crime branch police had already frozen the
bank accounts of Naseer`s companies.
Khan was arrested in October 2009, and later released on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest