Naseer Khan surrenders passport in Odisha HC
Cuttack: Bollywood filmmaker-cum-producer
Naseer Khan on Wednesday appeared in person in Orissa High Court and
surrendered his passport as directed earlier in connection
with the Rs 500 crore Balasore chit fund case
Four other directors of Naseer`s Kanpur-based marketing
company also surrendered their passports in the court.
The division bench of Chief Justice V Gopala Gowda and
Justice B N Mohapatra, who were adjudicating over a petition
filed by All India Networks` Welfare Trust, posted the case
for hearing on April 12.
The high court, however, issued bailable warrants against
two other directors of the Kanpur firm, who failed to appear
before the court during the day.
The petitioner`s trust has approached the HC seeking
return of its members` invested amounts, in his company.
The Odisha police also submitted that adequate protection
would be given to Naseer if he felt there was any threat to
The state crime branch police had already frozen the
bank accounts of Naseer`s companies.
Khan was arrested in October 2009, and later released on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam