National parties to lose ground, BJD to form govt in Odisha: Naveen Patnaik
Bhubaneswar: Asserting that national parties will lose ground in Odisha, BJD supremo Naveen Patnaik on Monday claimed both BJP and Congress might face a debacle in the state after the 2014 elections.
"The people of Odisha will not allow the national parties to set up their colonial rule here. Both BJP and Congress will lose their ground in the state after the polls," Patnaik said while addressing a series of election rallies in Keonjhar, Mayurbhanj and Balasore districts in the northern region of the state.
Claiming it was clear from the people`s mood that the BJD was all set to form the government again by securing more number of seats in Odisha, Patnaik asked the national parties to stop shedding "crocodile tears" for the state.
"BJD is the party of four crore people of Odisha and committed to the development of the state," he said.
Alleging that both national parties have put hurdles before the development of Odisha, Patnaik said "they did not give special category status, obstructed expansion of railway network, opposed mineral royalty revision and refused to give financial assistance during natural calamities."
Patnaik, who addressed at least 14 election rallies besides road shows today, claimed the BJD government was ahead of others in terms of development activities and welfare schemes.
"We have special programmes for all sections of people. While poor people were being given rice at the rate of Re 1 a kilogram, Mamata Scheme is for the pregnant women and there is Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana for farmers and free laptops, bicycles, uniform for the students," he pointed out seeking votes for BJD candidates.
Patnaik also said his party in its poll manifesto has committed pucca houses for all, besides agriculture loan at the rate of only one per cent for farmers.
Targeting the opposition Congress and BJP, he said they have no right to seek vote here as national parties have never been part of the sorrow and miseries of the people during calamities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read