Naveen asks home secretary, DGP to rush to Maoist-hit Koraput
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Thursday asked the home secretary and director general of police (DGP) to rush to Koraput district and take stock of the situation in the southern region of the state.
Patnaik issued this direction while presiding over a high level review meeting on Tuesday`s landmine blast where at least four BSF jawans were killed and three others sustained injuries.
"The Chief Minister asked the two senior officials to go to Koraput and report him about the prevailing situation in there," a senior official said.
Besides, home secretary Vipin Kumar Saxena and DGP Prakash Mishra, the director of intelligence and inspector general (operation) attended the meeting.
They have already visited the blast spot at Raleguda under Pottangi police station where a vehicle carrying BSF jawans was ambushed by the Maoists, the official said.
While asking the state police to gear up combing operation in affected areas of Koraput district, sources said, Patnaik also directed senior officials to have better coordination with paramilitary forces.
At least five battalions of BSF jawans have been deployed in Odisha`s Maoist-hit Koraput and Malkangiri districts.
Besides BSF, Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) jawans and Odisha`s elite anti-naxal Special Operation Group (SOG) force have been deployed in anti-Maoist operation in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?