Naveen called minister a "bloody fellow": Pyari
Bhubaneswar: Suspended BJD leader and MP Pyari Mohan Mohapatra on Monday alleged that Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik had threatened Sarada Prasad Nayak before sacking him from the council of ministers.
"Patnaik had called Nayak over phone and addressed him as bloody fellow and also threatened to destroy him," Mohapatra told reporters here.
Mohapatra said this while reacting to the chief minister`s action of dismissing Nayak from the council of ministers this afternoon. Nayak was Housing and Urban Development minister with additional charge of Excise department in the Naveen government.
"In his reply, Nayak had told the chief minister not to use the word bloody fellow against him" Mohapatra said adding that his (Nayak) dismissal was expected.
When contacted, Nayak declined to comment saying he did not want to be dragged into further controversies.
Patnaik`s reaction over Mohapatra`s allegation was not immediately available.
Stating that Patnaik had been hit by a sense of "insecurity", Mohapatra claimed the CM had already asked the Mayors of Bhubaneswar and Cuttack to tender resignation.
"He suspected the two mayors to be my loyalists. This is undemocratic to ask elected peoples representatives to resign," Mohapatra said claiming that barring four to five ministers, all were loyal to him.
Reassuring that there was no threat from him to the Naveen Patnaik government, Mohapatra said that he did not believe in groupism. "I think all the 104 BJD MLAs including the chief minister are close to me," the suspended BJD leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday