Naveen condemns assault on Russian woman
Bhubaneswar: Terming as "unfortunate" the
attack on a Russian woman in Puri, Orissa government on Tuesday
said adequate precautionary measures would be taken to ensure
safety of foreign tourists visiting the pilgrim town.
"It is a very unfortunate incident. The culprit will be
caught soon and stringent action will be taken," Chief
Minister Naveen Patnaik told reporters.
Chief Secretary T K Mishra said a high-level review meet
would be held soon to access safety of foreign tourists coming
to the state.
"Adequate precautions will be taken for safety of foreign
visitors to the state," Mishra said.
Lisina Nadezade (30), a Russian national, was injured
yesterday when an unidentified youth stabbed her while trying
to loot her.
The victim had gone to Baliapanda area in Puri on a
bi-cycle when she was stopped by the youth who demanded money
from her, police said.
The man took out a knife and stabbed the woman when she
refused to part with money, injuring her. Two youths suspected
to be involved in the incident have been detained by personnel
of Sadar police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat