Naveen condemns assault on Russian woman
Bhubaneswar: Terming as "unfortunate" the
attack on a Russian woman in Puri, Orissa government on Tuesday
said adequate precautionary measures would be taken to ensure
safety of foreign tourists visiting the pilgrim town.
"It is a very unfortunate incident. The culprit will be
caught soon and stringent action will be taken," Chief
Minister Naveen Patnaik told reporters.
Chief Secretary T K Mishra said a high-level review meet
would be held soon to access safety of foreign tourists coming
to the state.
"Adequate precautions will be taken for safety of foreign
visitors to the state," Mishra said.
Lisina Nadezade (30), a Russian national, was injured
yesterday when an unidentified youth stabbed her while trying
to loot her.
The victim had gone to Baliapanda area in Puri on a
bi-cycle when she was stopped by the youth who demanded money
from her, police said.
The man took out a knife and stabbed the woman when she
refused to part with money, injuring her. Two youths suspected
to be involved in the incident have been detained by personnel
of Sadar police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Beware! If you are woman and using elevator alone - WATCH Video
- Power Series Conclave on 'Make in India' organised by The Dollar Business on Aug 24
- Warning message on banned sites: ISPs run into technical issue
- M&M launches DiGiSense platform to access vital vehicle info
- Oil falls amid supply glut, lower prospects of output freeze