Naveen demands complete roll back
Bhubaneswar: Dismissing the Rs two per litre cut in petrol price as `meaningless`, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Saturday demanded complete rollback of the hike effected recently.
"We demand complete roll-back in the hike effected in the price of petrol by the central government recently," Patnaik told reporters.
Ruling BJD had observed a state-wide bandh on May 31 seeking complete roll-back of petrol price hike and party workers had hit the streets to press for the demand.
Patnaik too had participated in the demonstrations against the petrol price hike terming it as a burden on the common people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman