Naveen dubs Cong, BJP leaders as migratory birds
Aska: Dubbing Congress and BJP as `migratory birds` who visit Odisha only during elections, BJD chief Naveen Patnaik Thursday said the two parties had all along ignored the interests of the state.
"Leaders of both Congress and BJP visit Odisha seeking votes during elections. But, where were they when the cyclone Phailin hit the state?" Patnaik asked while addressing a public meeting here during his two-day whirlwind tour of Aska and Berhampur parliamentary constituencies.
"BJD is committed to the development of Odisha. We have no other agenda than development of the state," Patnaik said.
Referring to BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi`s statements that Odisha remained backward despite its rich mineral resources, Patnaik said "They (Modi and Rahul) are simply shedding crocodile tears. Do not believe them."
Trying to set an emotional chord with the people of Ganjam district, Patnaik said he was here and started his political career from Aska in 1997 and thanked the people of Ganjam for facing Cyclone Pahilin bravely.
Patnaik during his two-day visit to Ganjam district which started yesterday, participated in several road shows and a number of public meetings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured