Naveen dubs Cong, BJP leaders as migratory birds
Aska: Dubbing Congress and BJP as `migratory birds` who visit Odisha only during elections, BJD chief Naveen Patnaik Thursday said the two parties had all along ignored the interests of the state.
"Leaders of both Congress and BJP visit Odisha seeking votes during elections. But, where were they when the cyclone Phailin hit the state?" Patnaik asked while addressing a public meeting here during his two-day whirlwind tour of Aska and Berhampur parliamentary constituencies.
"BJD is committed to the development of Odisha. We have no other agenda than development of the state," Patnaik said.
Referring to BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi`s statements that Odisha remained backward despite its rich mineral resources, Patnaik said "They (Modi and Rahul) are simply shedding crocodile tears. Do not believe them."
Trying to set an emotional chord with the people of Ganjam district, Patnaik said he was here and started his political career from Aska in 1997 and thanked the people of Ganjam for facing Cyclone Pahilin bravely.
Patnaik during his two-day visit to Ganjam district which started yesterday, participated in several road shows and a number of public meetings.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way