Naveen dubs Cong, BJP leaders as migratory birds
Aska: Dubbing Congress and BJP as `migratory birds` who visit Odisha only during elections, BJD chief Naveen Patnaik Thursday said the two parties had all along ignored the interests of the state.
"Leaders of both Congress and BJP visit Odisha seeking votes during elections. But, where were they when the cyclone Phailin hit the state?" Patnaik asked while addressing a public meeting here during his two-day whirlwind tour of Aska and Berhampur parliamentary constituencies.
"BJD is committed to the development of Odisha. We have no other agenda than development of the state," Patnaik said.
Referring to BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi`s statements that Odisha remained backward despite its rich mineral resources, Patnaik said "They (Modi and Rahul) are simply shedding crocodile tears. Do not believe them."
Trying to set an emotional chord with the people of Ganjam district, Patnaik said he was here and started his political career from Aska in 1997 and thanked the people of Ganjam for facing Cyclone Pahilin bravely.
Patnaik during his two-day visit to Ganjam district which started yesterday, participated in several road shows and a number of public meetings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Vijay Mallya says in forced exile, no plans to return to India
- Now, 'Find Time' for your meetings using Google Calendar
- Cancel your train ticket on phone or via SMS through these easy steps
- Not getting visa? This Balaji temple can help you fly abroad
- Rahul Gandhi visits ailing Sushma Swaraj at AIIMS