Naveen hand-in-glove with Sonia: BJP
Bhubaneswar: Seeking resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik over the coal allocation issue, Odisha BJP president Jual Oram alleged that the BJD president and AICC chief Sonia Gandhi were hand in glove.
"Naveen Patnaik and Sonia Gandhi are old friends. They are hand in glove. Therefore, both avoid pointing fingers at each other. They claim to be opponents in public," Oram told a protest meeting near Raj Bhavan.
Holding both the state government and the Centre responsible for irregularity in coal block allocations, BJP leader B B Harichandan demanded the chief minister`s resignation for favouring a private company for allocation of a specific coal block.
"The person who recommended allocation of coal blocks to private companies is equally responsible for the scam," said Harichandan.
Reacting to BJP`s allegation, BJD leader and agriculture minister Debi Prasad Mishra said "Ask your central leader Dharmendra Pradhan who publicy appreciated the chief minister`s recommendation of coal blocks for certain companies who set up power plants in the state."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?