Naveen hand-in-glove with Sonia: BJP
Bhubaneswar: Seeking resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik over the coal allocation issue, Odisha BJP president Jual Oram alleged that the BJD president and AICC chief Sonia Gandhi were hand in glove.
"Naveen Patnaik and Sonia Gandhi are old friends. They are hand in glove. Therefore, both avoid pointing fingers at each other. They claim to be opponents in public," Oram told a protest meeting near Raj Bhavan.
Holding both the state government and the Centre responsible for irregularity in coal block allocations, BJP leader B B Harichandan demanded the chief minister`s resignation for favouring a private company for allocation of a specific coal block.
"The person who recommended allocation of coal blocks to private companies is equally responsible for the scam," said Harichandan.
Reacting to BJP`s allegation, BJD leader and agriculture minister Debi Prasad Mishra said "Ask your central leader Dharmendra Pradhan who publicy appreciated the chief minister`s recommendation of coal blocks for certain companies who set up power plants in the state."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- California wildfire spreads to over 11,000 acres
- After Gujarat, Dalits attacked in Karnataka's Chikkamagaluru for storing beef; seven Bajrang Dal activists booked
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?
- This herbal combo packs powerful punch against colon cancer
- Twist in tale! Lalit Modi to install son Ruchir as Rajasthan Cricket Association boss