Naveen hand-in-glove with Sonia: BJP
Bhubaneswar: Seeking resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik over the coal allocation issue, Odisha BJP president Jual Oram alleged that the BJD president and AICC chief Sonia Gandhi were hand in glove.
"Naveen Patnaik and Sonia Gandhi are old friends. They are hand in glove. Therefore, both avoid pointing fingers at each other. They claim to be opponents in public," Oram told a protest meeting near Raj Bhavan.
Holding both the state government and the Centre responsible for irregularity in coal block allocations, BJP leader B B Harichandan demanded the chief minister`s resignation for favouring a private company for allocation of a specific coal block.
"The person who recommended allocation of coal blocks to private companies is equally responsible for the scam," said Harichandan.
Reacting to BJP`s allegation, BJD leader and agriculture minister Debi Prasad Mishra said "Ask your central leader Dharmendra Pradhan who publicy appreciated the chief minister`s recommendation of coal blocks for certain companies who set up power plants in the state."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital