Naveen hand-in-glove with Sonia: BJP
Bhubaneswar: Seeking resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik over the coal allocation issue, Odisha BJP president Jual Oram alleged that the BJD president and AICC chief Sonia Gandhi were hand in glove.
"Naveen Patnaik and Sonia Gandhi are old friends. They are hand in glove. Therefore, both avoid pointing fingers at each other. They claim to be opponents in public," Oram told a protest meeting near Raj Bhavan.
Holding both the state government and the Centre responsible for irregularity in coal block allocations, BJP leader B B Harichandan demanded the chief minister`s resignation for favouring a private company for allocation of a specific coal block.
"The person who recommended allocation of coal blocks to private companies is equally responsible for the scam," said Harichandan.
Reacting to BJP`s allegation, BJD leader and agriculture minister Debi Prasad Mishra said "Ask your central leader Dharmendra Pradhan who publicy appreciated the chief minister`s recommendation of coal blocks for certain companies who set up power plants in the state."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- US gives proof of Pakistan's hand in Pathankot strike
- 3rd ODI: After contributing with bat, Ben Stokes eager to bowl against Pakistan
- Foreigners should not wear skirts and roam alone at night: Tourism minister
- Mom-to-be Kareena Kapoor Khan spills glamour at Lakme Fashion Week 2016! – View pics
- Most Asian markets slump, Tokyo soars on US rate talk