Naveen in London, coup in Odisha?
Bhubaneswar: Trouble seems to be brewing in Odisha in the absence of Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik. A possible revolt may be on the cards even as at at least twenty-five MLAs of Bjju Janata Dal including four senior ministers on Tuesday night met at senior BJD leader Pyari Mohan Mohapatra’s Bhubaneswar residence, as per sources.
According to reports, the Rajya Sabha MP from Odisha is trying to form a “breakaway government” and is due to meet the Governor on Wednesday to a stake a claim to form the government.
The four ministers who attended the meeting presided by Mohapatra included Women Child Development minister Anjali Behera, Higher Education Minister Badri Narayan Patra, Minister of Food , Civil supplies and Consumer Welfare Minister Sarada Prasad Naik and Minister for Commerce and Transport Sanjeev Sahoo.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik is currently in the UK and is scheduled to return on June 3.
Reports of rift widening between Patnaik and Mohapatra have been doing the rounds for quite some time now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city