Naveen in London, coup in Odisha?
Bhubaneswar: Trouble seems to be brewing in Odisha in the absence of Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik. A possible revolt may be on the cards even as at at least twenty-five MLAs of Bjju Janata Dal including four senior ministers on Tuesday night met at senior BJD leader Pyari Mohan Mohapatra’s Bhubaneswar residence, as per sources.
According to reports, the Rajya Sabha MP from Odisha is trying to form a “breakaway government” and is due to meet the Governor on Wednesday to a stake a claim to form the government.
The four ministers who attended the meeting presided by Mohapatra included Women Child Development minister Anjali Behera, Higher Education Minister Badri Narayan Patra, Minister of Food , Civil supplies and Consumer Welfare Minister Sarada Prasad Naik and Minister for Commerce and Transport Sanjeev Sahoo.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik is currently in the UK and is scheduled to return on June 3.
Reports of rift widening between Patnaik and Mohapatra have been doing the rounds for quite some time now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Delhi Police may arrest Kabaddi player Rohit over wife's suicide
- Politics over Mahesh Sharma's visit to Ayodhya museum site ahead of UP elections
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!