Naveen in London, coup in Odisha?
Bhubaneswar: Trouble seems to be brewing in Odisha in the absence of Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik. A possible revolt may be on the cards even as at at least twenty-five MLAs of Bjju Janata Dal including four senior ministers on Tuesday night met at senior BJD leader Pyari Mohan Mohapatra’s Bhubaneswar residence, as per sources.
According to reports, the Rajya Sabha MP from Odisha is trying to form a “breakaway government” and is due to meet the Governor on Wednesday to a stake a claim to form the government.
The four ministers who attended the meeting presided by Mohapatra included Women Child Development minister Anjali Behera, Higher Education Minister Badri Narayan Patra, Minister of Food , Civil supplies and Consumer Welfare Minister Sarada Prasad Naik and Minister for Commerce and Transport Sanjeev Sahoo.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik is currently in the UK and is scheduled to return on June 3.
Reports of rift widening between Patnaik and Mohapatra have been doing the rounds for quite some time now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'