Naveen launches party campaign ahead of polls
Berhampur: Ahead of the Lok Sabha and Assembly elections, Chief Minister and BJD supremo Naveen Patnaik on Thursday launched a campaign for his party to reach out to the people.
The Chief Minister kick-started the 14-day statewide campaign "Sankha bajao, swabhiman banchao" (blow conch, save self-esteem) by blowing conch, BJD`s poll symbol, at a party meeting near here.
During the launch, Patnaik said the campaign was primarily aimed at reaching out to the people before the twin elections in the state.
The campaign would end on March 5, the birth anniversary of party founder Biju Patnaik.
The Chief Minister said despite "discriminatory attitude" of the UPA government at the Centre, the state government had undertaken a number of welfare measures for all sections of the society and all-round development in the state.
He further alleged that the Centre had neglected the state in several sectors like railway, royalty in mines and assistance during cyclone Phailin and by denying special category status.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail