Naveen launches party campaign ahead of polls
Berhampur: Ahead of the Lok Sabha and Assembly elections, Chief Minister and BJD supremo Naveen Patnaik on Thursday launched a campaign for his party to reach out to the people.
The Chief Minister kick-started the 14-day statewide campaign "Sankha bajao, swabhiman banchao" (blow conch, save self-esteem) by blowing conch, BJD`s poll symbol, at a party meeting near here.
During the launch, Patnaik said the campaign was primarily aimed at reaching out to the people before the twin elections in the state.
The campaign would end on March 5, the birth anniversary of party founder Biju Patnaik.
The Chief Minister said despite "discriminatory attitude" of the UPA government at the Centre, the state government had undertaken a number of welfare measures for all sections of the society and all-round development in the state.
He further alleged that the Centre had neglected the state in several sectors like railway, royalty in mines and assistance during cyclone Phailin and by denying special category status.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...