Naveen launches party campaign ahead of polls
Berhampur: Ahead of the Lok Sabha and Assembly elections, Chief Minister and BJD supremo Naveen Patnaik on Thursday launched a campaign for his party to reach out to the people.
The Chief Minister kick-started the 14-day statewide campaign "Sankha bajao, swabhiman banchao" (blow conch, save self-esteem) by blowing conch, BJD`s poll symbol, at a party meeting near here.
During the launch, Patnaik said the campaign was primarily aimed at reaching out to the people before the twin elections in the state.
The campaign would end on March 5, the birth anniversary of party founder Biju Patnaik.
The Chief Minister said despite "discriminatory attitude" of the UPA government at the Centre, the state government had undertaken a number of welfare measures for all sections of the society and all-round development in the state.
He further alleged that the Centre had neglected the state in several sectors like railway, royalty in mines and assistance during cyclone Phailin and by denying special category status.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II