Naveen launches party campaign ahead of polls
Berhampur: Ahead of the Lok Sabha and Assembly elections, Chief Minister and BJD supremo Naveen Patnaik on Thursday launched a campaign for his party to reach out to the people.
The Chief Minister kick-started the 14-day statewide campaign "Sankha bajao, swabhiman banchao" (blow conch, save self-esteem) by blowing conch, BJD`s poll symbol, at a party meeting near here.
During the launch, Patnaik said the campaign was primarily aimed at reaching out to the people before the twin elections in the state.
The campaign would end on March 5, the birth anniversary of party founder Biju Patnaik.
The Chief Minister said despite "discriminatory attitude" of the UPA government at the Centre, the state government had undertaken a number of welfare measures for all sections of the society and all-round development in the state.
He further alleged that the Centre had neglected the state in several sectors like railway, royalty in mines and assistance during cyclone Phailin and by denying special category status.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan