Naveen leaves Odisha to visit UK
Bhubaneswar: Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Monday left Odisha to go on a nine-day visit to United Kingdom where he is scheduled to hold discussion with the Department for International Development (DFID) on different issues including anti-poverty programmes in the state.
"I will leave for UK the day after tomorrow. I am leaving for Delhi today," Patnaik said before going on his first foreign trip after becoming Chief Minister in 2000.
Patnaik, as per the programme will meet DFID officials and hold discussion on several issues. "I will discuss on the girls education projects and anti-poverty programmes here with the officials of DFID", the chief minister said.
The Chief Minister also said that he would also hold discussion with experts at Sussex, an internationally reputed institute.
In a bid to promote the state`s handloom and handicraft, Patnaik is also scheduled to inaugurate an exhibition of Odisha`s handloom products in London. A student delegation of Odia, sources said, would meet the Chief Minister during his visit.
Patnaik will lead a delegation comprising Odisha`s minister for textile Usha Devi and SC ST development minister Ramesh Majhi besides some officers. The delegation was scheduled to return to Delhi on May 30, sources said.
Meanwhile, the ruling BJD said that the Chief Minister`s visit would strengthen the relation between of the state with UK, particularly with the DFID. Odisha was one of the focus state of DFID.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP