Naveen leaves Odisha to visit UK
Bhubaneswar: Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Monday left Odisha to go on a nine-day visit to United Kingdom where he is scheduled to hold discussion with the Department for International Development (DFID) on different issues including anti-poverty programmes in the state.
"I will leave for UK the day after tomorrow. I am leaving for Delhi today," Patnaik said before going on his first foreign trip after becoming Chief Minister in 2000.
Patnaik, as per the programme will meet DFID officials and hold discussion on several issues. "I will discuss on the girls education projects and anti-poverty programmes here with the officials of DFID", the chief minister said.
The Chief Minister also said that he would also hold discussion with experts at Sussex, an internationally reputed institute.
In a bid to promote the state`s handloom and handicraft, Patnaik is also scheduled to inaugurate an exhibition of Odisha`s handloom products in London. A student delegation of Odia, sources said, would meet the Chief Minister during his visit.
Patnaik will lead a delegation comprising Odisha`s minister for textile Usha Devi and SC ST development minister Ramesh Majhi besides some officers. The delegation was scheduled to return to Delhi on May 30, sources said.
Meanwhile, the ruling BJD said that the Chief Minister`s visit would strengthen the relation between of the state with UK, particularly with the DFID. Odisha was one of the focus state of DFID.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says