Naveen Patnaik calls for inclusive growth in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik said on Thursday the benefits of development must reach the people in both urban and rural areas to achieve inclusive growth.
Odisha has more than 50,000 villages and over 100 small and big towns and their overall development is important, the chief minister said after unfurling the national flag at the state level Independence Day function at the Mahatma Gandhi Marg here.
The development of infrastructure, agriculture and allied sectors in the state are essential, Patnaik said.
The development and welfare of the people including farmers, workers, women, physically challenged, poor, scheduled castes, scheduled tribes and students was required for achieving inclusive growth, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’