Naveen Patnaik calls for inclusive growth in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik said on Thursday the benefits of development must reach the people in both urban and rural areas to achieve inclusive growth.
Odisha has more than 50,000 villages and over 100 small and big towns and their overall development is important, the chief minister said after unfurling the national flag at the state level Independence Day function at the Mahatma Gandhi Marg here.
The development of infrastructure, agriculture and allied sectors in the state are essential, Patnaik said.
The development and welfare of the people including farmers, workers, women, physically challenged, poor, scheduled castes, scheduled tribes and students was required for achieving inclusive growth, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere