Naveen Patnaik promises proper steps if any corruption in coal issue
Bhubaneswar: Refuting allegation of his meeting Congress leaders in Delhi, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Monday promised to take "proper" steps against companies if any corruption by them is detected in connection with coal block allotment.
"You can be sure. If there is any corruption in any of the companies, we will take the transparent route what is proper ... Proper steps as far as corruption of companies are concerned," he told reporters on his return from a five-day visit to New Delhi.
Patnaik said this while replying a question whether the state government would take steps to cancel coal blocks given to certain companies which indulged in fraudulent activities. "The state government will take transparent and proper steps," he reiterated.
Stating that there was a rumour during his absence in the state that he met certain Congress leaders in Delhi, he said, "I understand that there were certain stories on my meeting with Congress leaders in Delhi. Those are incorrect, false and baseless."
On the allegation by BJP that the ruling BJD mobilised election funds by making recommendations in favour of certain companies for coal block allocation, Patnaik said those were "totally baseless and false."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks