Naveen Patnaik promises proper steps if any corruption in coal issue
Bhubaneswar: Refuting allegation of his meeting Congress leaders in Delhi, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Monday promised to take "proper" steps against companies if any corruption by them is detected in connection with coal block allotment.
"You can be sure. If there is any corruption in any of the companies, we will take the transparent route what is proper ... Proper steps as far as corruption of companies are concerned," he told reporters on his return from a five-day visit to New Delhi.
Patnaik said this while replying a question whether the state government would take steps to cancel coal blocks given to certain companies which indulged in fraudulent activities. "The state government will take transparent and proper steps," he reiterated.
Stating that there was a rumour during his absence in the state that he met certain Congress leaders in Delhi, he said, "I understand that there were certain stories on my meeting with Congress leaders in Delhi. Those are incorrect, false and baseless."
On the allegation by BJP that the ruling BJD mobilised election funds by making recommendations in favour of certain companies for coal block allocation, Patnaik said those were "totally baseless and false."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting begins - Who will win BJP or Shiv Sena?
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena marches ahead in BMC, but BJP gains lead in Pune