Naveen Patnaik promises proper steps if any corruption in coal issue
Bhubaneswar: Refuting allegation of his meeting Congress leaders in Delhi, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Monday promised to take "proper" steps against companies if any corruption by them is detected in connection with coal block allotment.
"You can be sure. If there is any corruption in any of the companies, we will take the transparent route what is proper ... Proper steps as far as corruption of companies are concerned," he told reporters on his return from a five-day visit to New Delhi.
Patnaik said this while replying a question whether the state government would take steps to cancel coal blocks given to certain companies which indulged in fraudulent activities. "The state government will take transparent and proper steps," he reiterated.
Stating that there was a rumour during his absence in the state that he met certain Congress leaders in Delhi, he said, "I understand that there were certain stories on my meeting with Congress leaders in Delhi. Those are incorrect, false and baseless."
On the allegation by BJP that the ruling BJD mobilised election funds by making recommendations in favour of certain companies for coal block allocation, Patnaik said those were "totally baseless and false."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- HP's privacy screen secures notebooks from visual hacking
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai receive Khel Ratna award
- Significance of why Lord Shiva wears tiger skin! Read more
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!
- Rajnath Singh to head all-party delegation to Kashmir on September 4