Naveen Patnaik promises proper steps if any corruption in coal issue
Bhubaneswar: Refuting allegation of his meeting Congress leaders in Delhi, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Monday promised to take "proper" steps against companies if any corruption by them is detected in connection with coal block allotment.
"You can be sure. If there is any corruption in any of the companies, we will take the transparent route what is proper ... Proper steps as far as corruption of companies are concerned," he told reporters on his return from a five-day visit to New Delhi.
Patnaik said this while replying a question whether the state government would take steps to cancel coal blocks given to certain companies which indulged in fraudulent activities. "The state government will take transparent and proper steps," he reiterated.
Stating that there was a rumour during his absence in the state that he met certain Congress leaders in Delhi, he said, "I understand that there were certain stories on my meeting with Congress leaders in Delhi. Those are incorrect, false and baseless."
On the allegation by BJP that the ruling BJD mobilised election funds by making recommendations in favour of certain companies for coal block allocation, Patnaik said those were "totally baseless and false."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate