Naveen Patnaik shown black flags
Berhampur: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik was on Friday greeted with black flags by opposition Congress workers who also burnt the effigy of the BJD chief on his home turf.
Shouting anti-Naveen slogans, Congress workers led by Ganjam district Chhatra Congress chief Biswajit Patra, waved black flags and burnt the effigy of Patnaik near Congress Bhawan here, police sources said.
They were protesting against the visit of Patnaik, who represents Hinjili assembly segment in Ganjam district, alleging failure of the BJD government and corruption during its rule.
The police took the demonstrators into custody and released them after the chief minister`s departure, sub-divisional police officer, Berhampur, SC Mohapatra said.
Black flags were also shown to the chief minister during his recent visits to Mayurbhanj and Koraput districts by Congress workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH