Naveen Patnaik shown black flags
Berhampur: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik was on Friday greeted with black flags by opposition Congress workers who also burnt the effigy of the BJD chief on his home turf.
Shouting anti-Naveen slogans, Congress workers led by Ganjam district Chhatra Congress chief Biswajit Patra, waved black flags and burnt the effigy of Patnaik near Congress Bhawan here, police sources said.
They were protesting against the visit of Patnaik, who represents Hinjili assembly segment in Ganjam district, alleging failure of the BJD government and corruption during its rule.
The police took the demonstrators into custody and released them after the chief minister`s departure, sub-divisional police officer, Berhampur, SC Mohapatra said.
Black flags were also shown to the chief minister during his recent visits to Mayurbhanj and Koraput districts by Congress workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'