Naveen Patnaik terms Union interim budget as a `non-event`
Bhubaneswar: Slamming the Congress led UPA government for taking no steps to check spiral price rise, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Monday termed the Union interim budget as a "non-event."
"The UPA Sarkar has created the problem of price rise for the Aam Admi of our country and has once again failed to address this in the budget," Patnaik said while reacting over the Union interim budget here.
Stating that there is nothing for the common man and the people of Odisha, Patnaik said "as expected, it has turned out to be a non-event. It does not inspire any confidence.
There is no indication for stepping up capital expenditure to accelerate the sagging growth rate of the economy, Patnaik said adding that the provision of food security is inadequate and shows the lack of commitment for implementation of the Food Security Act.
"There is no indication to enhance revenue and increase plan expenditure. The plan outlay for 2014-15 at the level of 2013-14. We have grave doubts on the flow of funds through Central Assistance for State Plan including the restructured Centrally Sponsored Schemes which now form a part of the State Plan," Patnaik said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed