Naveen Patnaik terms Union interim budget as a `non-event`
Bhubaneswar: Slamming the Congress led UPA government for taking no steps to check spiral price rise, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Monday termed the Union interim budget as a "non-event."
"The UPA Sarkar has created the problem of price rise for the Aam Admi of our country and has once again failed to address this in the budget," Patnaik said while reacting over the Union interim budget here.
Stating that there is nothing for the common man and the people of Odisha, Patnaik said "as expected, it has turned out to be a non-event. It does not inspire any confidence.
There is no indication for stepping up capital expenditure to accelerate the sagging growth rate of the economy, Patnaik said adding that the provision of food security is inadequate and shows the lack of commitment for implementation of the Food Security Act.
"There is no indication to enhance revenue and increase plan expenditure. The plan outlay for 2014-15 at the level of 2013-14. We have grave doubts on the flow of funds through Central Assistance for State Plan including the restructured Centrally Sponsored Schemes which now form a part of the State Plan," Patnaik said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery